Please complete the appeal form and return to school by Friday 31st March 2017.
Appeals will be heard during the week beginning 22nd May 2017.
Further information is available from Lancashire LA.
SUMMARY OF oversubscription criteria
The criteria which are to be used to allocate places when the Academy is oversubscribed are:
1. Children in public care at the time when preferences are expressed and who are still in public care at the time of their admission to school, and those who have been previously looked after, then
2. Children for whom the Governors accept that there are exceptional medical, social or welfare reasons which are directly relevant to the school concerned, then
3. Children living within the school’s geographical priority area with older brothers or sisters attending the school when the younger child will start.
4. Children living within the school’s geographical priority area, then
5. Children living outside the school’s geographical priority area with older brothers or sisters still attending the school when the younger child will start, then
6. Children living outside the school’s geographical priority area.
The distance criterion which will be used as the tie breaker if there is oversubscription within any of the admission criteria is a straight line (radial) measure. If Governors are unable to distinguish between applicants using the published criteria (eg twins or same block of flats) places will be offered via a random draw. The distance measure is a straight line (radial) measure centre of building to centre of building.
GEOGRAPHICAL PRIORITY AREa
Parishes of Charnock Richard, Coppull, Euxton (part*), Astley Village, Whittle-le-Woods, District of Chorley, Withnell, Wheelton, Heapey, Anglezarke, Heath Charnock, Anderton, Adlington and Rivington, Horwich, Blackrod and Haigh.
*Euxton south of railway line.
If you have been allocated a school and wish to appeal this decision please click here