GCSE Results 2016
2016 was Another Great Year for Albany Students
Key Statistics include: -
- 63% A-C including English and Maths compared to a national average of 55% in 2014.
- A third of all students achieve an A* Grade.
- 100% A - C grades in Art and Design, Chemistry, Further Maths, PE and Physics.
- Progress 8 Score 0.28
- Attainment 8 Score 51.6
- 95% of students have left Albany and went onto further education.
- 4% of students left Albany and went on to undertake an apprenticeship.
Headteacher, Peter Mayland said, “This year the education system is facing the first wave of significant changes to exams. Because of these changes, teachers and students have had to work incredibly hard and I am delighted that they have achieved excellent results across the school. Our students achieve on average half a grade higher than their peers and a quarter of our Year 11s leave with at least 3 A* or A grades. This is a school where everyone really does achieve together."
Students were delighted with their results as you can see from their reactions below.